[Elfsea] Re: [Steppes] Our plans for Warlord.....

Tessa Nieto eleanor_cleavely at yahoo.com
Thu May 16 14:32:43 PDT 2002

My dear Honorable Lady Arabella,

Can it be true? I fear the worst. I have not seen my
lord husband for days, nor has his crew. I await word
from him almost hourly but...my mind figures something
most sinister has happened to him.

Guard your family, well, madame. I fear this pirate is
worse than we thought.

In humble service,
Lady Eleanor Cleavely

--- Arabella de Montacute <arabella at elfsea.net> wrote:

> My dearest Eleanor Cleavely,
> I would appear that the dreaded pirates have
> infiltrated our midst.  We have intercepted this
> missive from one of the nobles of the fair Barony of
> the Steppes.  One of their own is apparantly a
> traitor by offering shelter and aide to these
> barbarians.  We must be ever on guard and prepared
> to provide aide in defense for our close neighbor.
>
> May God assist in your safe travels,
> Honourable Lady Arabella
>
> >Lady J,
> >
> >Our plans are going well even after word being
> spread of your forthcoming
> >venture at Steppes Warlord. Be sure your disguise
> is without fault as I
> >cannot be seen to have dealings with your kind if I
> am to keep my head.
> >
> >I will await your arrival and will have my
> pavillion ready for your rest and
> >as a base for your forays at the event. With proper
> disguise, I will happily
> >join you in sacking, looting, and gathering the
> booty that will be
> >plentiful. My cut will aid me in my bid for higher
> office within the Barony
> >for as the wise man sayeth "You must get behind
> someone before you can stab
> >them in the back".
> >
> >Send a quiet word if there is any changes in plans.
> I have heard you are
> >harbored safely in the north under the 'paid'
> protection and aid of Nobles
> >and will arrive as planned. I look forward to our
> next encounter.
> >
> >Baron B
> >
> >Let us hope our missives do not fall into the
> adverse hands. It could be the
> >worse for us all if such were to happen....

=====
- - - Gustave Flaubert, Madame Bovary