[Elfsea] Mother's day

AerynGeil at aol.com AerynGeil at aol.com
Tue May 14 04:40:41 PDT 2002

Mother's Day was a wonderful day for me this year -

1.    I get to celebrate the day as a participant

2.    Father Basil found a Holy Martyr Vivianus so Vivian was Chrysmated with
her            given name (a feminine form of Vivianus) at her baptism
yesterday.

3.    We had three generations of moms on my side and two on Iain's side
under one roof for lunch (That would be two of each - great grandmothers,
grandmothers, aunts, [also grandfathers, uncles, cats and dogs] ) as you can
imagine the atmosphere of celebration had  often had the flavor of
paparatzzi(sp?).

On a side note:

If anyone is interested in researching old church ceremonies we have a
videotape. Ironically my mom taped all of the exorcism (standard before
baptism in the East) and taped hilights of the blessing of the water, baptism
(the only bare bottom pictures of Vivian if I can help it) anointing with
oil, chrysmation, tonsuring, and churching of Vivian. I don't think the
protestants knew quite what they were in for.

Aeryn