[Elfsea] now this is scary...

Betsy Marshall betsy at softwareinnovation.com
Mon May 13 16:56:41 PDT 2002

"Beware the leader who bangs the drums of war in order to whip
the citizenry into a patriotic fervor, for patriotism is indeed a
double-edged sword. It both emboldens the blood, just as it
narrows the mind. And when the drums of war have reached a fever
pitch and the blood boils with hate and the mind has closed, the
leader will have no need in seizing the rights of the citizenry.
Rather, the citizenry, infused with fear and blinded by
patriotism, will offer up all of their rights unto the leader and
gladly so. How do I know? For this is what I have done. And I am
Caesar." -Julius Caesar