[Elfsea] Mom's Club

C E Huse cehuse at sbcglobal.net
Thu May 16 17:20:58 PDT 2002

Greetings!

I have been waiting to see if anyone would pick up the gauntlet and plan
things for this summer's Mom's Club. Since no one has, I will!

Here are my plans that I have so far. I am willing to listen to any
suggestions....

June 10th -- Dinasaurs!!
             Place: Dallas Museum of Natural History.
             Price: Admission is $6.50 for adults, $5.50 for senior citizens
(55 & older), $5.00
             for students (13-18), $4.00 for children (3-12) and free for
children under 3 years
             of age.
             Time: 10:00 a.m. to ?? (I have to leave no later than 2:00pm)
             Web:
http://www.dallasdino.org/calendar/texas_dinosaurs_exhibit_extended.htm
             Lunch: Picnic on the lawn in front of the museum.

June 24th -- Nature Scavenger Hunt
             Purpose: gather all sort of neat stuff found in nature or for
the older childre,
                      make a science journal; Please bring a sack or bag to
put your goodies into
                      and/or a clipboard, paper and pencil/pen
             Place: River Legacy Park; (Meet at Living Science Center)
             Price: Free!
             Time: 9:00 a.m. to ?
             Web: http://www.ci.arlington.tx.us/park/parks_district1.html
             Lunch: Picnic in the park

July 8th -- Nature Excahnge and Animals
            Place: Dallas Zoo
            Purpose: To exchange those scinece journal and other goodies we
found at the
                     Scavenger Hunt!
            Meeting Place: Trinity Rail Express...yup, we are going to ride
the rails once more!
            Dart Web: http://www.dart.org/
            Zoo Web: http://www.dallas-zoo.org/home/home.asp
            Price: Admission prices are $7 for adults 12 - 64; $4 for
seniors 65 and up; $4 for
                   children 3 - 11. Children under 3 are free... Phelippe
and I are Zoo members
                   and we might be able to get everyone a discount.
            Time: Meet at the Trinity Express at 8:30 (Zoo opens at 9:00)
            Lunch: Potluck Picnic! (More details to follow in future)

I would like to schedule 1 trip each month (2nd and 4th Tuesdays) that
requires money and the other trip that is totally free. Times are tough for
everyone and I want everyone to feel that they can afford to come.

My cousin (and her 3 children) and I are will be doing these trips together
and we planned on wearing T's with the motto "The Wrecking Crew" (it's my
dad's nickname for all 6 of are children when they are together...see them
together and you'll understand the reference..hehe) with a picture on them
with the possibility matching baseball caps.

If you are interested in having one of these shirts, please let me know and
when I check on prices, I'll let you know.

If you would like to sponsor a date, please let me know what day and if you
wish me post the information.

If you have any questions, please feel free to let me know!

Maria