[Elfsea] RE: [Steppes] The Harbormaster Drawers Nigh!

Patrick Cuccurello pat at adtelusa.com
Thu May 16 13:06:53 PDT 2002

> Well, we shall see!   Lord Steppes and his Warlords, as many as can
> arrive by this time next week, thunder toward Steppes even now,
> returning from the pilgrimage, filled with the ardor of Crusaders and a
> lust for virtuous battle!  The Harbormaster will not be insulted, let
> alone vanquished, by the likes of this scurvy salt-cured  wench and her
> thieving dogs!   Let them come!  And all who would shelter and abide
> them, let them quake in fear!  For the lands of Steppes are rich, and we
> will spare no expense, no man, no sheep, no tree, no bribe or torture to
> drive out this plague and teach them...... not to mess with Fritz!
> Away I now to my tower, to keep watch for the arrival of my hero.  God
> keep us!
>
> Catrin Steppes

Your Excellency, I'm sure things are not near as dire as you perceive.  This
lady sounds like nothing more than a good Mongol woman out for a good time
with some of her brothers.  Besides--that good and noble Baron Borek is on
watch.  If you can't trust someone from East of the Caucasus, who can you
trust?

Pet.