[Elfsea] From Warlord's MoC

C E Huse cehuse at sbcglobal.net
Tue May 28 15:05:07 PDT 2002

Buenos Dias!

I wanted to say thank you to a few people and tell everyone else about all
the fun we had!....

The Coordinators...Marguerite and Liadan:
1) For putting up with me and getting me the supplies I needed and
requested...I know I'm not the easiest person to deal with! ;-)
2) For allowing me to get to know and take care of Ansteorra's children.
3) For allowing the children to have so much fun on the list field!
4) Ya'll did a wonderful job with Warlord this year!

Pirates.....Lady Medb, Lady Eleanor,Lord Sebastian and the other good
gentles who I either can't remember their SCA name or the names in general
(sorry, I'm really bad names):
1) Lady Medb supplied the cardboard, foil and cloth for the children's
swords, priate bandanas and their ship.
2) Lady Eleanor, Lord Sebastian and 2 other fine gentle ladies (I know of 1
whose mundane name is Mara) helped bring the children to the list field and
kept them entertained (and quiet) while we waited to attack the Barony of
the Steppes.

To the kind Lady that helped me on Sunday...
Thank you for taking care of Paige!! Bless you! I could not have kept the
children quiet in the hall, if I had to attend to Paige. I am in your debt.

The children had so much fun!

Their Excellancies...Baron Fritz and Baroness Catrin:
Thank you for allowing me to be your MoC this weekend. I think I had just as
much fun as the children! If there is anything else I can do for you, please
don't hesitate to ask me.

Lady Ameline...
What can I say? You are a Godsend! You helped me on Saturday morning and
showed me how to settle the children down. I don't think I could have gotten
the children to the list field on time with their swords and bandanas all by
myself!

For those that would like to know what your children learned and did:

Saturday morning/afternoon:
1) Looked at a painting from the mid-1500's (Bruegheler) painted in
Flanders. This had a over 38 games that children played during the 1500's.
They were asked to find games that looked familiar to them, point to them
and name the game.
2) Put on a play. "The 3 Little Pigs"
3) Colored their swords and daggars.
4) Learned (briefly) about Pirates.
5) Colored pirate pictures and/or drew their own pictures.
6) Had a snack and a juice drink
7) Attacked the Barony of the Steppes and killed Steppes Baronial Guards
8) Made hand-puppets

Sunday morning/afteroon:
1) Put on a play "Goldilocks and the Three Bears"
2) Uriah of Hebron told them stories....Thanks Uriah!
3) Played a bardic game (Children had to select 5 words from a bowl and
create a story from them)
4) Had a snack and a juice drink while they played a color game
5) We read 2 Grimm Fairy Tales. "The Giant and the Tailor" and the first
half of "Snow White and Rose-Red" We discussed how these stories differed
from the modern Disney versions. For Snow White and Rose-Red" we used our
imaginations and thought up our own ending (and tried to figure who the bear
really was...ask your children).
6) 2 young ladies (I don't remember their names) taught the children
finger-braiding.

I want to say thank you to the children for being so good. Your parents
should be very proud of all of you!

In Service,
Maria