[Elfsea] first SCA exposure

Shaw, Donnel ShawD at chisd.com
Fri Nov 1 08:10:40 PST 2002

I first hear about the SCA threw a friend of mine. His girlfriend was in and
he invited me to go with them to a meeting in "Dallas". Back then that was a
long way to drive from Plano to Dallas. I met someone and was hooked (that
is another story).  I made my first dress and went to my first event in
Biorjonesburg(sp) with a friend from college. At this event we met house
Fallow Moon (Ragnar, Athena, Moonbear, Arial) The fighting was great but
what got me was the Barding and the Riddle off run by Jan. It was great.
They were also doing a cattle raid. In the morning they (Vikings) decided to
go raid Barroness Alex of her cattle. So Ragnar and Moonbear in the lead
singing stormed the Tent. When she refused to give up her cattle they took
the tent down around her. It was great. I have been hooked ever since. That
was back in 81. I still have pictures if anyone wants to see.

Donnel Shaw
Pre K
Bray