[Elfsea] Favorite Event moment

Crandall Crandall at elfsea.net
Sun Nov 3 19:35:28 PST 2002

>What is your favorite event moment?
>And what is your favorite event?

It was one of the old Lion's Tournaments. Thomas of Tenby (he was not yet a Laurel) had just finished one of his famous Shakespeare pieces, with assistance of friends in the other parts, and the silence and awe that was at the end were thick. Right before the explosions of cheering, I could see the torches smoking into the fog that was drifting into the campsite. We had witnessed such an inspiration of words that we were stunned. In my minds eye I could see all the Laurels at the event take of their medallion and lay them at his feet, for they were not worthy. The roar that came from a hundred throats brought me back. But only to the camp. And that camp was, and exists still in the Dream.

My favorite event was one you may have attended. I had just finished setting up camp and was walking toward a group of friends. Several of them turned and said, "Crandall, it is good to see you."
Yes, I think you were there.

Crandall

--
Non Sum Qualie Eram