[Elfsea] A presence Scarborough Faire

Steve Rourke steverourke at charter.net
Wed Nov 27 17:17:21 PST 2002

> Well would we get free passes?
Yes
> How often would our demos be required during the day?
That is still to be determined. On going A&S demos would be nice, I will be
checking to see how often they would want fighting demos.
>Do we have to follow their dress code?
Their dress code, it depends. That is something I will be discussing with
the GM. At the TRF demo the SCA people working the demo wear proper garb,
proper footwear (no tennis shoes, etc. though I will push for allowences on
that issue for medical reasons.) No drinking if they are working, no
cigarette smoking in public. Period containers to drink out of. No modern
jewelry, watches (in my opinion that would be obvious watches), sun glasses,
cell phones pagers etc.
>Are there camping facilities for the weekend?
there is no on-site camping, but there are campgrounds close by.
>What specifically do they expect from us?
Woking on getting that answered.
> Would the Cantons be willing to put in a weekend?
This would be a Regional if not Kingdom wide effort. This will not fall on
any one group to do. I would hope all the groups within the region as well
as other regions will participate.
>Where would our corner be?
Tentativly we would be in the vincinty of the Pirate Stage and Chess Board
area. but that may change. They would like for some of us to be there during
the school days program which fall on the first Tuesday, Wednesday, and
Thursday of May, I think. If we are not able to participate in that, we
would either need to tear down our area before that time and put it back up
after or they would put our area in another section that would not be open
to the school kids.

> Need more information - Arabella

Hopefully this helps provide some of the answers you wanted, I will be
sending off a list of any and all questions I can't answer to the GM next
week and will post the answers I receive as soon as I get them.

Dohmnall Dubh O'Ruairc
Central Regional Hospitaler
Kingdom of Ansteorra

---