[Elfsea] first SCA exposure/'Young Ones' (long)

Sam Milligan padraig_ruad at irishbard.com
Mon Nov 4 12:28:24 PST 2002

Anezka,

As Seneschal of Loch Ruadh at the time you mention, I am very concerned that anyone should have come to a Loch Ruadh Populace Meeting and been ignored.  Our custom is and has always been to make newcomers and visitors as welcome as possible, and I apologize that we failed in this instance.  We always ask newcomers and visitors to sign in on our sign-in sheets, and to print their SCA name, modern name and contact information on the back of the sheet so that our Hospitaler can follow up with them later.

As you know, we meet in a restaurant, and try not to disturb the non-SCA patrons as much as is possible.  Looking back over the sign in sheets for the time I was Seneschal, I do not find your name on any of them.  Were you using a different SCA name at the time?  Or did you not sign in, and perhaps it was assumed that you were a non-SCA customer of the restaurant?  What ever the case may be, I again apologize that you were not made to feel welcome, and that you nonetheless found a good SCA home in Elfsea.

Padraig Ruadh O'Maolagain
Past Seneschal of Loch Ruadh

(snip)

Sent via the WebMail system at irishbard.com