[Elfsea] White Academy of Dance

Craig Shupee' philipwhite at hotmail.com
Wed Oct 9 11:03:58 PDT 2002

Greetings and Welcome,

Tonight at the White Academy of Dance we are planning on learning and
practicing two dances: Mariviglia d'Amore (16th Century Italian) and
Mordred's Lulaby (15th Century Italian style, SCA choreography).

We begin with stretching, learning steps, and describing them along with
figures on a chalk board.  Then we practice each section of the dance
followed by a study of it with music.

Please feel free to contact me directly for further information.

Your sevant to command,
   Philip White

The Academy will meet on the 2nd and 4th wednesday of each month at the
College of Threebridges from 7:30-9:30pm.  Look for room 024 & 025 in the
basement of University Hall (UH) on the NE corner of Nedderman and Cooper.
(www.uta.edu/maps for detailed maps)

The Academy is dedicated to furthering the practice of, and research into,
the dancing arts of the Renaissance. The Academy is open to anyone who
practices, teaches, or who is otherwise interested in the art, music,
history, reconstruction, or performance or theory of period dancing styles.

The Academy, in essence, is to provide a dance-focused forum wherein we can
exchange ideas and sources.  Anyone with an interest in period dance,
regardless of talent or skill, is welcome to join and participate!