[Elfsea] Ok, lets talk about Defender and Springfaire

Timothy Rayburn timothy at elfsea.net
Tue Oct 29 06:35:35 PST 2002

>If we,asTimothy suggested,  Have The Heavy Defender Spotlighted at Defender,
>and the Rapier spotlighted at Spring Faire,  then What Event do you spotlight
>the Archery defender,    Archery finally was recognized by our Barony,
>beginning with Arthur and continuing under the other Barons and Baronesses.
>So why try to sweep it under the rug now.
>
>Innes

I have not mentioned Archery up till now, and I hardly believe that it is fair to cast me in favor of lessening the importance of our Archery Defender.  I'm in favor of giving more time and baronial attention to each of our competitions, that was the goal of the suggestion.

My moving our Rapier Champion (perhaps now called the Cavalier of Elfsea, or the Baroness' Champion, or some such) we free up time at Defender.  This gives the populace, and the B&B more time to focus on what IS at Defender.  Defender would still have our "Elfsea Defender" heavy list, it would still have our Archery list.  Springfaire would have our Rapier list, and our Bardic competition, mayhaps also eventually our Artisan or the like depending on what the long term plans for Baronial College are.

Timothy
Occasional Archer
3 Time Herald of the Royal Huntsman Tourney
All Around Fan of Archery