[Elfsea] 'Young Ones'

Richard Threlkeld rjt at softwareinnovation.com
Wed Oct 30 10:04:16 PST 2002

Timothy,

Your ten years trumps my six. I am relatively new.
I agree that all player's opinions are important. I also
believe new members of our group can bring new ideas that
have value. In fact, we need them to remain strong and
vibrant.

But you must be sensitive to the opinions and feelings
of those who have contributed much over a long period.
As Donnel said, "If we are a group that researches and
recreates History and traditions let us not ignore and
throw out our own traditions and history."

I don't think Donnel was saying your opinions or those
of people newer than she are less important than hers.
I have known her for the last six years and she is
always willing to work with new people, listen to
their ideas, and give them full credit. She believes
Elfsea's history and traditions has made it what it
is and wants to keep some of them alive to keep Elfsea
the place it has become.

So, let us be open to new ideas, to discuss them fully,
and implement what we, as a group, decide is beneficial
to us. But let us not easily throw away the traditions
that make us Elfsea.

In service,
Caelin on Andrede