[Elfsea] 'Young Ones'

Shaw, Donnel ShawD at chisd.com
Wed Oct 30 10:41:32 PST 2002

"Ok, I've now had a button pushed."

You pushed my button yesterday on me about age and I didn't get upset and
scream on  here like you are now.

You are talking about getting new people in here but you stated.

"That said, we are a group in need of new people right now.  It does not
help our organization for those who have been playing to strike down new
ideas simply because they come from someone 'new'."

You need to stop striking down old ideas and opinions because they come from
the older players. Elfsea need the new players but they also need the older
ones too and if you keep trying to run us off the ones left are going to
really give you a race. I am here and I am will staying. Just like some of
the others that are still here. We are here for our group to  help and build
any way we can. That means working together with thought and reason.

"Comments like the ones above imply that your opinion counts only if you are
a "long term player", and this should not, and is not, true."

Comments like yours implies  that mine do not count because I am a long time
player.

You may not have noticed but I usually stay on the side lines and watch for
new people. When I see them I jump up and start talking to them. Make them
feel confortable. Get them to the people they need to get with. Get them an
adress and phone # or get theirs and pass it on to who needs it. I am and
aways will be a champion of the new people. Even when I lived in La I was
doing this at Elfsea events.

You keep getting on here and stating this is just for discussion and then
when others disagree with you try and push them over with verbiage. Your
opinion is welcome but respect the others as well. If you would like to
discuss this at a later date in person you are welcome.

Donnel Shaw
Ly Maili Donnel MacGregor
Founder of the Barony of Elfsea
Holder of the order of the Ant of Elfsea
Holder of a comet for Elfsea
Past Hospitaler of Elfsea
Pre K
Bray