[Elfsea] Kingdom Calendar re focus

Tessa Nieto eleanor_cleavely at yahoo.com
Sun Oct 13 23:03:22 PDT 2002

--- Nolen Dale  wrote:"3.If the Barony is strong enough, has enough peopleto work the event, and wants to increase attendance ask the kingdom for the permanent home of several events to go with Elfsea Baronial College. My suggestion in keeping with the A&S and the college theme offer to always host Kingdom Eisteddfodand Academy of the sword. Having a new kingdom bardwould be great right before gulf wars and having extra martial knowledge you can use at gulf wars would be great as well.  Baronial college usually breaks even anyway right?"Baronial College actually made money this past year  and I believe (though I am not certain) that it made money the year before.  However, if we had all those competitions in conjunction with Baronial College, there is the possibility of a much larger profit margin. However, therein lies the problem of "enough people to work the event". I know that Elfsea is spread pretty thin as far as volunteers. I know of several people who work nearly every event. So, I don't know if offering to do one or the other or even both is really such a good idea for a barony that's quickly getting worn out.As far as Kingdom Eisteddfod, I personally believe that this should be an event unto itself. We have a separate event for Queen's Champion (which I do NOT think should be combined with King's Champion) and A&S defender. So why not have Kingdom Eisteddfod on it's own? I know it doesn't solve the Kingdom Calendar quandry but that's just this bard's opinion. :o)Thanks for listening and have a great week. We miss you all!Lady Eleanor Cleavelycurrently residing in the Kingdom of Atenveldt but will always be an Ansteorran at heart

- - - Gustave Flaubert, Madame Bovary