[Elfsea] The Future of Elfsea Defender

Timothy Rayburn timothy at elfsea.net
Wed Oct 23 09:59:43 PDT 2002

DISCLAIMER : I bring this up because I personally would like to here input from the populace.  No Change in Defender is iminent that I am aware of.

Greetings Elfsea,

I'd like to start a discussion about Elfsea Defender.  I believe, and you can argue this if you'd like, that the time for Culture Camps at Defender has passed.  We've had limited interest from within the Barony (though the encampment put on by Loch Ruadh was wonderful this last year) and waining interest Kingdom wide.  So I would ask you this ...

1) What would you like to see as a 'theme' for Elfsea Defender?

2) Would you personally be willing to coordinate a project for an event over 8 months in advance?

3) Would you be willing to see how we choose our Defenders change?  (ie Retire the Reverse OP challenge/Swiss 5 format)

4) Would you be willing to see a judged tournament, where wins and losses alone do not dictate who the next Defender is?

5) Would you be willing to see Elfsea Defender move from it's current area on the Calendar?  Is there a time of year that might be better?

6) What is one thing you miss from Defender's past that you would like to see return, and would be personally willing to work to see return?

7) What is the most fun tournament you've personally witnessed/fought-in within the last year?

Please remember, I'm just curios, I'm not necessarily campaigning for change at this time.  But I also think that there is nothing to be lost by having this conversation at this time.

Timothy