[Elfsea] Re: Bardic at Kragenworth Keep

pmitchel pmitchel at mail.ev1.net
Wed Sep 4 07:00:15 PDT 2002

Lady Gwenllian wrote, in part...

> Passing of the Cloak WILL BE HELD at Kragenworth Keep on October
> 4th, as scheduled.  I will post directions and, hopefully, the
> theme of the competition, as soon as we return, IF we hear from
> HE Sir Galen.
>
> If there is no word from the current holder of the cloak, Sir
> Galen, I would have to assume (bad thing) that any presentation
> you choose will be acceptable.

But there is word from Sir Galen!

I will not be present to personally pass on the cloak, as my move
to the MidRealm will by then be complete, but it is my intention
that someone loyal and trusted by me will convey the cloak and
other regalia to my successor as Bard of Kragenworth.

I offer as a theme for the competition:  Praise of some noble
person (not necessarily a person of noble rank).  Works in praise
of me personally should be counted off, but extra credit should be
given to works in praise of Baron Daniel or Baroness Siobhan, as
well as works in praise of Lord Tarkus or Lady Gwenllian, as the
longtime hosts of this gathering.  Works in praise of others who
have behaved nobly are likewise especially welcome.

I ask as many former holders of the cloak as possible to attend to
judge in my place.  For anyone who has never been, I encourage you
to attend this potluck gathering; it's always great fun.  For those
considering competing, I strongly encourage you to do so; there is
a long history of new performers upsetting seasoned and well-known
bards to win this competition.  And besides, October is a much more
comfortable month to win a cloak for three months than is July.
It's October 4th, at Lord Tarkus' home in Fort Worth; more
information will follow as the date draws nearer.

On a personal note, Baroness Allessandra is here in the Middle
Kingdom with me until next Monday, when she returns to Elfsea for a
week.  If anyone would like to call her up and say hello, or even
drop by and help her pack, that would be greatly appreciated.  I
return to Elfsea for the last time in the foreseeable future on the
13th, to spend that weekend packing.  The moving van will pick up
our stuff on Monday the 16th, and we'll be history.  Anyone
desiring to call or drop by that weekend will be welcome.  Our new
address here will be posted as soon as it's finalized, within the
next few days.

- Galen

Sent via the EV1 webmail system at mail.ev1.net