[Elfsea] Thank You Springfaire Gate Volunteers

Armand Dragonetti dragonetti at generich.com
Mon Apr 7 08:45:31 PDT 2003

Greetings friends,

I am so pleased with the performance of the gate volunteers. We had so many
willing to help, that gate was "party central" for a while. No shift went
unfilled and most had extra help. Big "Thank you"'s go to:  Ulrich, Ceatta,
Fearghus, Their Excellencies Daniel & Siobhan, Brigid of Glenbaum,
Armentaria (who sat several shifts in addition to her scheduled one),
Caelin, Pyro (who wasn't even on the roster plus Pyro and Caelin took the
early morning hours and allowed me a brief nap, thank you), Ceinwen and Wolf
(who made me laugh and the morning more bearable), Aislyn & Karrick (who
were very patient with me during an involved shift closing during rush
hour), Brigit O'Shaughnessy & Rixende (for providing me with a break to
visit with my family for a bit), and Nuala & Vincenzo who were a pleasure to
finally meet and chat with. They listened to my sad (medical) tales of woe.

And an extra special Thank you to Mistress Stella for her amazing
auditing/sleuthing skills used to straighten out a mess caused by my
inattention early on, as well as sitting multiple shifts. And, of course, a
very big, huge,.....gigantic even, "THANK YOU" to David Cade for sitting at
gate and providing all the munchies, coffee and hot chocolate to all the
gate volunteers. I wont spoil your reputation by saying your a "class act",
but I think most folks are getting suspicious. :-) Thanks one and all, and
if I missed anyone, I sincerely beg your forgiveness. Oh yes: To the
individuals who tore down the gate pavilion and cleaned up the area, please
contact me so I can make amends. I had to leave site early and left before
securing volunteers to take care of that. "Thank you", Lady Rixende for
making sure that got covered. And one last very big "Thank You" to Lady
Cassandra, the original gate coordinator, who had the schedule filled with
volunteers before I got there. All I had to do was show up.

And for those interested, I believe the final body count through the gate
was 186.

In the service of the barony, I remain,
-=Armand=-