[Elfsea] Knitting classes at the Fiber Arts Focused Collegium

Lisa Duke arabella at elfsea.net
Fri Apr 11 08:56:51 PDT 2003

Thank you for responding so quickly.  Arabella

Subject: Re: [Elfsea] Knitting classes at the Fiber Arts Focused
Collegium

Arabella,

Vincenzo is at work so I am answering in his stead.  When we had the
first collegium over a year ago, we were advised that since this event is
done under the auspices of the SCA, it is an official event even though
it is not a "calendar" event.  We were advised that because of this, we
needed to have sign-up sheets & waivers for each collegium. We were told
this needed to be done whether the collegium was held in a private home
or public/rented space.  And, while there is not an official gate fee per
se, the semi-official gate fee is to contribute to the pot luck lunch.
After each collegium, I turn in the sign up sheets & waivers to our
seneschal.  We were told this was necessary in order to hold these events
so we do it.

Unlike you, I have not taken the seneschal's class; however, since we
were told this was the way these collegiums need to be handled, that is
what we do.

We are trying to organize two more collegiums; one for midsummer and one
for the fall.  The midsummer one will be a Clothier's Focused Collegium
that will be more than basic t-tunics and pants yet not as advanced as
high Elizabethan but we have not finalized the classes yet.  The one for
fall will be on the Bardic Arts.  Again, the classes for this one have
not been finalized either.

I hope this explains why we have sign up sheets & waivers for these
things.

Lady Fionnuala the Fey (Nuala)
for Lord Vincenzo Cellini
MOAS, Barony of the Steppes