[Elfsea] A list of questions

Dale, Richard N DaleRN at aetna.com
Tue Apr 22 09:14:16 PDT 2003

Greetings one and all from your jolly seneschal!
I have been talking with some of you since I became seneschal and you have
asked me some really good questions and expressed some concerns. So, I would
like to hear everyone's opinion on the questions listed below. We will
discuss these at Populace meeting on Monday and at business meeting and at
every fighter practice in May.

I am not saying that anything will change as a result of this information. I
do thinks these things need to be discussed in a public forum.

You may send you answer to me privately or to the list either is fine with
me.

Question 1:

Does Elfsea have too many events during a year?

If you feel we have just the right number of events please say so and why
you feel that way.

If you feel that we have to many, again please state that, why you feel that
way and what you think should be done.

Question 2:

Do you like having Business Meeting and Populace meeting both on Monday
Night?

If you like this idea please state why.
If you disagree please state your objection and what you think should be
done regarding this matter.

Question 3 or Asking for ideas and comments
How can we improve our retention and hospitaling to newcomers?

Here are some ideas and I hope you will add alot more

Newcomer is sponsored by a experienced remember of the barony who shows them
the sca ropes for the 3-6 months.

We have regularly scheduled newcomer parties, say once every 3 months, and
socialize with the old and new members of the barony.

Figther practice a sandwich style sign or any sign is brought to fighter
practice that gives out basic information and a contact name and phone
number, perhaps we could also have brochures attached to the sign in some
way?

A designated follow up person for every sign up sheet for every demo to call
and invite people to some sca social function in modern clothes.

Once every 3-6 months the barony, as a barony and with new people goes to
one camping event and camps together.

Question 4:
Canton civic center has informed that they now have a scissor lift to hang
banners from the ceiling.

Does the Barony wish to make hanging banners like those seen at steppes
events or coronations to use at canton?

Agree? Disagree? Why? If yes what would you volunteer for?

That's all for now.
Remember this is just a discussion.
Thank you in advance for sharing your opinion.

Master Richard Fairbourne
Elfsea Seneschal
Communication is the key.

This e-mail may contain confidential or privileged information.  If you
think you have received this e-mail in error, please advise the sender by
reply e-mail and then delete this e-mail immediately.  Thank you.  Aetna