[Elfsea] My new book finds....

Christine Huse maria_elfsea at hotmail.com
Fri Apr 25 19:34:49 PDT 2003

Hola!

We went to Half Price Books tonight and I have 3 wonderful new (well
actually used) books:

Dictionary of Needlepoint Stitches
The St. Martin Embroideries by the Metropolitan Museum of Art
The Weaving, Spinngin and Dying book by Rachel Brown

I was looking at my new weaving book and light has come on about card
weaving and what I was doing wrong. Yeah!

The St. Martin Book is really intersting. It has alot of B&W pics of the
embroideries (cir. 1400's?) that are close enough you can see most of the
stitching. It does explain at the back the stitching that was used, plus the
history and the uses of the pieces.

Thanks, Xene for turning me on to Needlepoint! The new needlepoint showed me
exactly what I was doing wrong!

Maria

*** St. Theresa's Prayer ****
May today there be peace within
May you trust your highest power that you are exactly where you are meant to
be....
May you not forget the infinite possibilities that are born of faith
May you use those gifts that you have received, and pass on the love that
has been given to you....
May you be content knowing you are a child of God....
Let this presence settle into our bones, and allow your soul the freedom to
sing, and dance,
It is there for each and every one of you....