[Elfsea] Re: [Loch-Ruadh] Hat Race

padraig_ruad at irishbard.com padraig_ruad at irishbard.com
Tue Apr 29 10:03:28 PDT 2003

The reason that the "Hat Race" is on so many minds is because His Majesty stated last night at Moot that it was Their Royal Majesties' intent that a new Baron and Baroness be invested at Defender.  While Their heirs, who will be chosen this weekend at Crown Tourney, may view things differently and change that schedule, this has naturally made some folk aware of the short amount of time between now and Defender.

Does this mean that the new Vicar and Vicaress should receive anything less than one hundred percent of our support?  Absolutely not.  If anything, their task is made much more difficult with this timeline staring them in the face.  So let us keep things in perspective.  It is possible to support the Vicar and Vicaress, do the hard work necessary to get the Barony to where it should be, and still deal with the "Hat Race" issue as it becomes necessary to do so.  Let us not get so tangled up in details that we forget the big picture, which I think is the need for all of us to work together for the good of Elfsea.

Just my two shillings worth, though that made be overpricing my opinions entirely.

Padraig