[Elfsea] Elfsea.Org -> Elfsea.Net

Timothy Rayburn timothy at elfsea.net
Wed Apr 30 10:54:36 PDT 2003

Greetings Elfsea,

The Elfsea.Org server is currently in need of some maintenance in order to properly host the new website I've designed.  As it is maintained by our Vicar and he is like to be busy for a few weeks at least, I have made a temporary change.  I stress, this is temporary.

www.elfsea.org is now setup to re-direct inquiries to it's base domain to the domain www.elfsea.net, which I maintain on a commercial hosting service (and which is used to host email addresses as many of you know).

This has the following impacts :

1) The redirect works if you have javascript enabled on your brower.  Those who do not will have a link displayed telling them to click it.  This should be a Very Rare problem as versions 3+ of the major browers support this functionality.

2) Any bookmarks, or other stored URLs pointing to www.elfsea.org pages will be out of date, for the forseeable future.  If you have a link to the Calendar in your bookmarks, this link should be rememorized at Elfsea.Net for the moment.

I would like to stress at this time, that the problems with Elfsea.Org are temporary and that the domain will in time be returned to full functionality of the Elfsea website.

I would also like to thank Lord Armand for tending the service of Elfsea.Org so well for so long.  His heart of service is well known, and this change is no slight to he or his generous hosting, but rather done in respect of his very small amount of free-time to dedicate to this aspect of Elfsea at the moment.

If you have questions, please ask.

Timothy
Acting Virtual Scribe