[Elfsea] A list of questions

Estella Flather eflather at flash.net
Tue Apr 22 13:32:39 PDT 2003

Greetings from HE Stella-
Here are my thoughts on Master Richard's questions:
 Question 1:
 Does Elfsea have too many events during a year?
I think that we have a comfortable number of events, counting Defender,
Spring Faire and Baronial College. We don't have our own Yule Revel any more
and support Dragonfire Tor's Yule revel in its place. As long as we don't
volunteer to do more than one Kingdom event a year we should be able to keep
up this schedule. Where we run into trouble is in getting carried away in
volunteering for the Kingdom and neighboring groups events. Its nice to
help, but one can only do so much.
 Question 2:
 Do you like having Business Meeting and Populace meeting both on Monday>
Night?
Yes, it is easier to plan schedules and remember about meetings when you
know that a particular night of the week is for SCA meetings.
 Question 3 or Asking for ideas and comments
 How can we improve our retention and hospitaling to newcomers? All the
ideas listed are good. We used to have SCA 101 meetings for newcomers, but
lately this has been relegated to a Baronial College class. I think it would
be good to have these more often, maybe every couple of months. We have
usually left this up to the Hospitaler.
 Question 4:
 Canton civic center has informed that they now have a scissor lift to hang
banners from the ceiling.
 Does the Barony wish to make hanging banners like those seen at steppes
events or coronations to use at canton?
If you can find someone to volunteer to spearhead the effort, go for it, but
I think we still have fence banners to paint that never got done. We should
finish one project before undertaking another one.

In service, HE Stella