[Elfsea] A bit of good news - archery related

David Ruff dmruff1 at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 28 09:42:09 PDT 2003

Greetings unto the populace of Elfsea,

Over the past 2 months i have been a bit of a busy
bee. I have noticed that there is no official archery
practice and more inportantly archery range in the
elfsea area. Well i took it upon myself to find
someplace and......

We have a range now in bedford. I am still waiting to
go inspect it, but from what i am hearing it is a good
range. I will be posting the time and date of the
opening of the range after warlord and will be holding
a weekly practice there. I am in the process of
aquiring a place to shoot on rain days as well but
this is in the beginning stages and unfortuately even
if i do negotiate it will only be good to 20 to 25
yards. But..... shooting is shooting :)

Other things in the working:

Winter league, this would be comprised of team play
for points with a prize to the top team.

Possible baronial challege against our friends in
steppes - 3 month shoot with prestege and maybe a
dinner at stake - this however has not be disscussed
with the archery marshal of steppes - yet <grin>

Last thing i have been working on is a Crossbow order.
I will be kicking this off after warlord. I am gearing
up to try and seperate the bow/crossbow and would ask
ANY crossbow shooter please send me email at
Dmruff1 at yahoo.com for more info.

That is it from the home front as of now. Please look
for the opening of the range as i am thinking a BBQ
grill and some fun times will happen that day :)

In Service to the dream

Lord Ulrich of Carolingia
Elfsea Archery Marshal

=====
"Once you have flown, you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you long to return." - Leonardo da Vinci