[Elfsea] Hat Race

David Ruff dmruff1 at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 28 23:25:09 PDT 2003

I have to agree with this.... Non positive breeds more
non positive and before you know it, what you fear the
most becomes reality.

I have never seen a "hat race", i do not know what it
takes to even run for baron/baroness. I do not know
what qualities the crown would look for and frankly am
clueless to the whole thing. I would think part actor,
part poker player and part to the point person is what
is looked for, but again i am but a humble mercinary -
and not versed in the arts of such matters.

What i have seen in other baronies (the eastcoast)
where politics run rampant is what i fear the most.
Cut throat, clichs, and dagger throwing runs rampant.
I would hate to see that let loose in this fine
baraony i call home.

I think it a very good idea to keep a positive light,
support those that do run, examine them, guide them
and make the most educated choice you can make. Leave
the politics for other places and times, we do this
for fun, its a hobby that welds us together as family.
Support our new vicar and vicaress in anyway you can,
and look forward to the time when a new baron and
baroness bind us together as a barony and fill the
seam we are exposed too as of right now. That to me
seems the right thing to do, life is to short to do it
any other way - in MY humble opinion.

In service to the dream,

Lord Ulrich of Carolingia

--- Richard Threlkeld <rjt at softwareinnovation.com>