[Elfsea] Book for sale on E-bay

Polydore polydore at worldnet.att.net
Thu Apr 3 19:18:05 PST 2003

I just did some searching and found we were talking apples and oranges...
I have "The Pirotechnia" and you are looking for "Pyrotechnia" (The I
instead of the Y is a language difference.)
Different subjects, different authors, though this might still have some
things of use in it for you.
Is is of all 1530 AD  vintage things industrial related to fire.
Everything from refining ores and moldiing metals to some of what
probably would have been considered Alchemy.

ABE Books did find a copy of the one you are looking for in about 3
seconds, but you best want it pretty bad.
The one they have available is a first edition (yes - 1635), leather
covered, about 12" tall, and they are asking $1875.00 for it.
If you leave a search running with them, you will probably come up with
one sooner or later, in one of the reprints you are looking for. It took
about 2.5 years but they found me a very reasobnably priced copy of
"From Viking to Crusader", which is another very difficult one to find.

Anyway, best of luck!
Polydore