[Elfsea] Vicar & Vicaress

Estella Flather eflather at flash.net
Tue Apr 29 17:44:03 PDT 2003

Greetings from HE Mistress Stella-
     I would like to remind everyone, this is not the first time that Elfsea
has ahd a Vicar and Vicaress. HG Seamus of the Cats and HL Margery de Bray
were first invested as Vicar and Vicaress of the Barony. At the time people
were curious about how a Vicar and Vicaress differs from a Baron and
Baroness. Most of these differences are not spelled out in any documents,
but at that time some of the things that came up were: How do we address
them (This was more complicated with regards to HG Seamus as he was already
a Duke) They chose to be called Your Excellency or Their Excellency. Do they
wear the Baronial Coronets? Yes, they were our Baronies representataive to
the Crown and they wore Baronial coronets. So what makes them different from
a Baron and Baroness? Well nothing really, so lets give our new Vicar and
Vicaress all the same help, support and respect we would give a new Baron
and Baroness!
    In service, HE Stella