[Elfsea] Elfsea.Org Website

Timothy Rayburn timothy at elfsea.net
Wed Apr 30 11:04:36 PDT 2003

From: Chris and Sue <amceagle at advantexmail.net>
>What, exactly, is entailed in the virtual scribe office?

Allow me to answer that ...

The Virtual Scribe's office is charged with the maintenance of the official Baronial Website.  This involves monthly (at least) updates to the calendar, as well as general content updates.  Given the changes I have just implemented, it does not necessarily require an understanding of HTML, though a solid understanding of HTML and Website layout would serve you immensely well in the office.

The Virtual Scribe is a Deputy Chronicler, and reports to that office.  It is a small local office, but it serves a very important service to our very 'connected' Barony.

You will need access to a computer and a copy of MS Frontpage 2000 (or greater) with the current site.  You could of course scrap the Frontpage site I have developed, but please remember that someday the office will turn over again, and whomever gets the office may not have the same skill set.  (As a Visual Basic & ASP programmer, there is little Frontpage does I am not capable of doing without that tool, but that would require my replacement to understand VB & ASP)

I hope this answers your question.

Timothy
Acting Virtual Scribe