[Elfsea] Pennsic Story

giles nemeton blakrose at swbell.net
Fri Aug 8 23:30:44 PDT 2003

I have often wondered what we pay the Coopers for the
'privilege' of using Coopers Lake campgrounds. I
remember for Pennsic 14, I was told they got $10 a
head at the gate plus their several little vending
concerns----ice,washing machines, etc.(for 10,000
peo-ple this would be $100,000+ for two weeks rent)

I have never had a bad time at Pennsic, and I have
never met the lady in question. Some time ago however
I got the impression that the SCA was deeply indebted
to the Coopers for letting us use their site.

I have often wondered why it was only held there and
not one of the many other campsites that are
available.

Cian
one who would like to see 'the War of the King Who
Declared War on Himself, and Then Lost' continue