[Elfsea] Pennsic today

Richard Threlkeld rjt at softwareinnovation.com
Sun Aug 10 15:48:02 PDT 2003

Your friendly Kingdom Chirurgeon here. It will not surprise many of you
that I hit over 80 hours of Chirurgeoning today. But I have had much
time to look at all the merchants - there are lots of them.

Today I hiked up to the Woods Battle site with about 30 Chirurgeons and
hiked all over the area. There are bee nests in the ground, though they
got most of them, and there are funny mushrooms that, when in the right
time of their life, put out spores that when absorbed through mucus
membranes, quickly kills your liver. Luckily, no one has ever been hurt
by them at Pennsic. And there are also all the standard things like
ticks with Lime disease and mosquitoes. But it looks like a lot of fun.

Instead of fighting, I will be on the Rapid Assessment team that is
actually on the battle field. Only 6 people in 2 teams are allowed and
two of those are Paramedics or Docs from the Pottersville EMS. All must
be both Marshals and Chirurgeons with at least Senior First Aid/First
Responder certs.

Ansteorra arrived yesterday along with probably 5,000 other people. The
parking lots are full and far away from camp, but they run a school bus
constantly. There are classes in just about everything you can imagine
and Pyro is going to a lot of them.

Wish you could all be here. The weather is 60-95% humidity, but the
temps are from the middle 50s to middle 80s. The food merchants are very
good.

In service,
Caelin on Andrede