[Elfsea] Upcoming September Demos

Spence Mabry SMABRY at flash.net
Fri Aug 15 14:00:52 PDT 2003

Once again it is time for our second largest and
successful demo to occur.  I am talking about the
Keller Library Demo, coming up on September 13th, two
weeks before Elfsea Defender XXV.  This is a great
opportunity to pull newcomers in (just ask Irina!) as
well as to fulfill our "charter" as a non-profit
educational organization.

Once again, they want as many of us as possible
there.  They would also like a whole lot of hands-on
demonstrations (such as spinning, weaving, dyeing,
illumination, calligraphy, metal-casting, armor-
making), talks about the Middle Ages and Heraldry, and
of course the ever-popular chivalric and rapier
fighting.

They especially want people who can do hands-on crafts
of any kind and have asked if we could try to have
some illuminators and scribes out there to show their
art!

This is a great time to pull in newcomers -- remember
Elfsea Defender XXV (with a Baronial Investiture) is
only 2 weeks away.  We can pull these people in to our
Baronial Premier Event.

Let me know what you will do to make this a rousing
success!

Again, the date is September 13th (there's not a lot
going on that week, just a small event in Stargate and
one in Mooneschadowe) and the times are from 1:00 to
4:30 p.m.

Also, on September 23rd, the Tuesday before Elfsea
Defender, the Arlington Mail Public Lirbary would like
for us to do a smaller, scaled-down version of  what
we do at Keller.  This would be from 6:30 to about
9:00 p.m. that evening.

Any and all who can make either one or both of these,
please contact me so I can give the respective
libraries a heads-up on our participation.

Lord Ceatta o Gulcleth
Demo Coordinator, Barony of Elfsea