[Elfsea] Painted Prayers Exhibit at the Kimball

Sue Burk suebrews at hotmail.com
Tue Aug 26 19:45:43 PDT 2003

There is an exibit coming to the Kimball Art Museum this October called
"Painted Prayers: Medieval and Reniassance Books of Hours from the Morgan
Library".  Further description reads: "Painted Prayers features 58 of the
finest manuscript and printed books of hours from the collections of the
Morgan Library in New York - one of the richest repositories of such works
in the world.  This exhibition examines various images depicted in books of
hours, the artists who illustrated them, and the central role of the books
as religious texts in the lives of their owners."  The exhibit opens to the
public on Sunday, October 12th and runs until January 18th, 2004.

There are also several lectures relating to the exhibit.  If anyone is
interested in more information, you can e-mail me and I will be happy to
share the details.

A bientot,

Isabelle