[Elfsea] OT but need advise

giles nemeton blakrose at swbell.net
Thu Dec 11 11:29:57 PST 2003

unfortunately this instance is not a hoax-----last wednesday as i started to check my email, my PCcillin started screaming virus alert, virus name 0, with the symbol i described earlier.....the Pccillin had just updated a little earlier that day, so it was up to date...now that pc is inoperable, apparently it infected all the application exe files turning them off, but this could have been an outcome of the PCcillin sequestering infected files

strangely enough the attack didnt come in an email it started as soon as i cliked on the check email button on my brouser

any help will be appreciated

Terry Varner <tdv250 at hotmail.com> wrote:
The only place I have ever seen that symbol used with a virus warning, was
on the old sector 0 virus hoax, the one that says you have an email virtual
greeting card and then when you open the e-mail you get a virus that will
wipe out sector 0 on your hard drive. On the other hand several virus' and
worms are released into the wild every day, and some are copy cats.

Tegwared McAuley(mka Terry Varner)
You need only two tools: WD-40 and duct tape. If it doesn't move and it
should, use WD-40.
If it moves and shouldn't, use the tape

>From: giles nemeton
>To: Elfsea
>Subject: [Elfsea] OT but need advise
>Date: Thu, 11 Dec 2003 00:33:05 -0800 (PST)
>
>any of you techs out there have any experience with virus zero? thats not Z
>E R O but zero in symbol, a circle with a diagonal line thru it......any
>advise would be welcome, ive checked online but found only several thousand
>pages and i havent found the one that has any real help yet
>
>sorry bout the bandwidth
>cian/john
>

>MORITURI NOLUMUS MORI......

MORITURI NOLUMUS MORI......