[Elfsea] Insignia Challenge

lizdenpeters at juno.com lizdenpeters at juno.com
Fri Dec 26 19:44:52 PST 2003

Unto the Artisans of Ansteorra, I send the greetings of the season.  As
you all know, Coronation is in two weeks.  The new Crown has advised that
insignias are needed.  Many of you know the joy of receiving these
insignia such as thistles, cranes and comets.  These insignias are worn
with great pride by the recipients.  Wouldn't it be a shame to receive
the award but have no badge to wear?  For that reason, as a Minister of
Arts and Sciences, I put forth the challenge to all artisans to prepare
at least three (3) insignias each; on 1 crane, 1 comet and 1 thistle.  If
every artisan does this, there should be plenty for everyone to be
presented with.  Of course, we encourage you to make more if you can but
3 would be an excellent start.  Make them in any media you are
comfortable with; metalwork, stitchery, glass, painted, leather, wood or
any other durable material you wish.  Remember these will be worn with
pride for years and should be items you would be proud to wear yourself.
They need not be elaborate and should be hung on thong, chain, ribbon,
etc.

Please bring these to Coronation.  There will be a place to leave them at
gate & they will be displayed during the event.

Thank you in advance for your efforts as does the Crown.  Please forward
this to your local lists.

Yours in Service,

Lord Vincenzo Cellini
Minister of Arts & Sciences
Barony of the Steppes

P.S.  If you have not received any of these awards, remember that efforts
like this lead to them.