[Elfsea] Everyone - Opinions Please!

Betsy Marshall betsy at softwareinnovation.com
Mon Dec 15 12:16:42 PST 2003

1 candle (or lantern?)
2 wind
3 fire

-----Original Message-----
From: elfsea-bounces at ansteorra.org [mailto:elfsea-bounces at ansteorra.org]
On Behalf Of Dulcy
Sent: Monday, December 15, 2003 2:07 PM
To: Barony of Elfsea
Subject: [Elfsea] Everyone - Opinions Please!

Hey Everyone!

I don't know how many of you know that I'm a writer, but well...that's
my other hobby. At the moment I'm attempting to create my own riddles
for a novel I wrote several years back. (Its currently in the editing
stages) I just wanted to get some opinions on whether they make sense
and if you like them and can guess the answers.

Please, keep in mind this is a fantasy fiction novel...it may help with
your consideration of the riddles.

1. I journey only in the shadow of night. Sometimes I reveal myself in
brillian splendor. Sometimes I am barely seen at all. At dawn I
surrender, at dusk I prevail. What am I?

2 I come and go as I please, but always with repetition. White horses
dance in my wake and sand shifts to my bidding. No one can control m e
and even the courageous fear my wrath. What am I?

This last one is the one I am most concerned with.

3. I dance with the shadows and thrive on air. Everything I touch is
branded and nothing I consume is unchanged. Many can create me, some can
wield me, but none may own me. What am I?

My objective is for the reader to be able to understand and guess the
answer as well, so I will post the answers later on after I see what you
guys have to say.

Thank you for your help in advance,

Dulcy

  _____