[Elfsea] Southern Steppes.

DonnelShaw at aol.com DonnelShaw at aol.com
Sun Dec 7 15:23:46 PST 2003

I thought I would give a definition of the group of people who attend SSN.
It is mainly people who are active in Elfsea and Steppes who just happens to
live WAY!! out south of Dallas/Ft. Worth Area. (Midlothian (was Elfsea now is
under Steppes) Cedar Hill, Duncanville, DeSoto, Oak Cliff, Joshua, Cleburne,
Ennis)

Many of us have children and traveling to the far side of Dallas or Ft. Worth
on a school night really effects our children school. Or they are adults who
just don't want to spend a total of 3-4hrs driving to a meeting and back in
one night.  Lately we have been painting and painting and painting scrolls. We
have a growing interest in archery, spear, knife and ax as well. There have
been nights that points about fighting have been taught and nights when work on
armor has occurred. We have seen bead work on dresses and embroidery done as
well as weaving and watching historical programs on TV. We have had nights with
a lot of food and nights with nothing. It is never the same. But what we do
have is wonderful people getting together sharing ideas and interests. Building
of bonds of friendship.  We have been doing this for almost a year. If you
have not visited please know you are invited.  We meet every other Wednesday if
nothing happens (sick children or hosts). Our next meeting will be next
Wednesday Dec 17th and we will be talking about 12th night and Corrination that will
be here soon and in our area. I would like us to have a stack of scrolls to
hand in at corrination. So mark you calander. Bring something to share and eat.
I will have spiced apple cider on the stove.

Lady Maili Donnel MacGregor