[Elfsea] Springfaire

Kathy Varner dkv250 at msn.com
Fri Feb 28 11:23:47 PST 2003

The only experience that I have with the event known as Springfaire, is last
year's Mudfaire. It is my understanding that many did not attend this event
due to it's location in relation to the race track during a race weekend.
The weather forecast I'm sure also played a part in lower attendance than
previous years.
Even though the event was closed early due to the weather, my lord husband
and I very much enjoyed being there. It was our first event and were still
around a year later, so the conditions of the event had no impact on our
view of the Barony/Kingdom/SCA as a whole.
I was much impressed with the good-natured ness of those in attendance and
felt welcomed even under adverse circumstances.
This ramble really does have a point..... I am wondering if the lack of
enthusiasm is specifically for this event or if the populace is using it as
a forum to express displeasure with things in the Barony in general.
Being still relatively new, I can't answer this with any reliability, but it
is food for thought.

Caitrin ferch Rhys