[Steppes] RE: [Elfsea] Southern Steppes Night

lizdenpeters at juno.com lizdenpeters at juno.com
Tue Feb 4 23:07:34 PST 2003

See Reply Below.
On Tue, 4 Feb 2003 19:04:42 -0600 "Vicki Marsh" <XaraXene at attbi.com>
writes:
> Gerita wrote:
>
> Next Wednesday is Central Region textile group's meeting.

> Dear Gerita, Steppes, and Elfsea,
>
> Xene here:
>
> Lady Donnel and I have been trying to find two nights a month where
> we could
> get a group of people together here in the southern part of the
> Barony of
> the Steppes.  Donnel and her family lives in Midlothian; David Cade,
> Keef,
> Geoffrey & Siglinda, along with Llywelyn and our family live in
> Cedar Hill;
> Daud & Anna along with Valeria and her family live in Duncanville;
> Morgan
> and his lady live in Lancaster, Julianna lives in Ferris, and there
> are
> others in Joshua, Red Oak and beyond.
>
> As much as we want to come play with either Elfsea or Steppes on a
> regular
> basis, it can be quite difficult to drive an hour to a Moot or
> populace,
> then an hour back home.  Many of us have children that need to be in
> bed at
> a decent hour (prior to 11 PM).
>
> We looked through all the on-line calendars for both Baronies, and
> tried
> very hard to find two dates that we could use on a regular basis.
> Mondays
> and Tuesdays are also busy for us because of other (children's
> scouts)
> commitments (Wanna buy some cookies?)
>
> Upon reviewing the Textile Guild posts, your textile group is
> meeting in
> Flower Mound which is *wayyyyy* far away from Midlothian.  The last
> post was
> about a "North" Textile Group.  We assumed that there would not be
> conflict of interest due to the distance.
>
> Right now, this is an informal, unofficial get-together just to have
> fun.
> Consider it a party that is open to our friends!  We hope to have it
> on the
> 2nd and 4th Wednesdays of the month and rotate it between the
> households.
> More information to follow, along with directions.
>
> In Service to the Society,
>
> Mistress Xene Theriane, Baroness to the Court of
> Ansteorra,....alphabet
> soup.......grouchy new teacher
>
> Lady Maili Donnel MacGregor, Instigator, Mom, Order of the
> Ant....grouchy
> old teacher... who is turning 40 on Feb. 11

Good Gentles,

Please do not forget those of us who live in the Oak Cliff area.  Myself
and my lord, Lady Clare Winter and Linet, just to name a few.  There is a
Fiber Arts Guild in Steppes; however, it is located in Plano.  This is an
hour's drive for us on a good night.  While Lady Averial is most
gracious, knowledgeable and helpful, there are many evenings when I
simply do not have the energy to drive 64 miles round trip (and 1 1/2 to
2 hours driving time) to the Guild Meeting.  Also, for us, time is a
factor as many evenings, Vincenzo does not arrive home until after 6:00
PM which also makes attendance at the Guild in Plano difficult as he must
have dinner at a certain time for medical reasons.   As we both have an
interest in this area, a meeting in the Duncanville-DeSoto-Cedar
Hill-Midlothian area would be more doable for us.

Please post the information regarding your meeting(s) and we will attend
when we can.

In service to the dream,

Lady Fionnuala the Fey "Nuala"
officially older than dirt-politically incorrect-OBD(obnoxious
personality disorder)