[Elfsea] Defender Cooking Opportunity

Joe Pelfrey joepelfrey at hotmail.com
Thu Feb 27 08:31:42 PST 2003

Unto the Good Gentles of Elfsea and the surrounding Cantons and College,

I know that many of you are thinking about Gulf Wars or Springfaire right
now.  I want to take a moment and discuss Defender.  I am the Head Cook for
Defender and have a wonderful opportunity for interested individuals who
want to learn about what it takes to put on a feast.

I am not talking about kitchen crew.  We have already had many people
volunteer to help in the kitchen and serve.  Thanks!  I am open to taking on
a Head Cook in Training for a couple of individuals that are interested.
Have you ever wanted to cook a feast, but do not know what it takes to serve
over 150 people?  Well, you can join Cassandra and me as we plan the
Defender feast.  We will show you how we do it and discuss the pros and cons
of the things that we have tried in the past.

Many of you may not be familiar with my work as a Feast-o-Crat.  (Do we
still use that term? <g>)  I have cooked for everything from Yule Revels of
150 people to Coronations of 300+ and helped in many more.  I believe in
preparing period dishes and mixing the exotic with mundane so that everyone
has some things that they will find enjoyable.  My mentor was Sir Arthur of
the Fen, Baron Elfsea.

I am open to one or two people joining us and learning how we do business.
Please reply privately to joe at garnetpromotions.com with your interest.  We
will start in April after Springfaire.

In Service,

William Palfrey