[Elfsea] A record snowfall

Sharon R. Saroff sindara at pobox.com
Mon Feb 17 13:52:17 PST 2003

Hello from snow country.
Sindara here.  I am sure you have all heard how us Atlantians and
Easterners will be spending a good portion of our week.  This weekend we
had a the largest amount of snow in recorded Maryland history: 26.6 inches
of snow.  The record was 26.5 set back in 1922.  Some of the counties in
the mountains got close to or 3 feet of snow.  Needless to say there is no
school tomorrow and it is highly unlikely that there will be school on
Wednesday.  We are digging out buried cars and walkways, not to mention
streets.  They closed the roads for 12 hours until 4am this morning.  There
is still an advisory about what is allowed on the road.  Everything except
a few supermarkets and 24 hour gas stations are closed.  They have even
cancelled bus and train service.

We had our Baronial Birthday during the first round which produced 9 inches
of snow on Saturday. Everything including the heavy weapons and archery was
held inside (archery consisted of shooting arrows made of straws and foam
shoot from bows using rubber bands).

IF anyone has a hunkering for some of the white, cold stuff, we have got
plenty.  We will gladly ship you some for free.

Sindara