[Elfsea] stuff to take to Gulf War

sp sharon at polkawitch.com
Tue Feb 18 11:29:30 PST 2003

I just got back from Estrella War, where it flash flooded all day thursday into the night.  I can second a couple of things on here...i think Arabella said bring some rubber boots. Boy i wish i had listened.  I'm goign to buy some sort of water tight boots now.  My boots got soaked thru and when i changed to a better shoe, my dress hit right at hte ankles making my ankles soaking wet.

Another thing i wish i had and ended up buying..WOOL Socks.  I am allergic to wool, so i ended up borrowing a pair and wearing them over my cotton socks.

Those two things (water tight boots and wool socks)  would have made a big difference in being comfortable in the rain and totally miserable.

Vivaine

P.S. Also put a mundane set of clothes in a zip lock bag and leaving in the car. You'll be really glad you did.