[Elfsea] Springfaire

lizdenpeters at juno.com lizdenpeters at juno.com
Fri Feb 28 16:18:25 PST 2003

Good Gentles,

I have attended and enjoyed many Elfsea events and hope to do so in the
future.  I do not live within the environs of Elfsea but support Elfsea
as Elfsea supports my Barony, the Steppes.  I have already volunteered to
assist with set up and will probably do a stint at gate with my husband
as we usually do.

It would appear that Elfsea is facing a problem that is occurring in
Steppes (and probably other places as well) also.  Regardless of how
numerous the Barony's membership is,  there is a "core" group in the
Barony that works every event, does set-up, tear-down, security, gate,
etc., etc.  This situation has been escalating for the past number of
years in both Baronies.   Both Baronies have a large number of paid and
unpaid members  who attend these events  and presumably, enjoy them but
do not volunteer to do anything to assist with the running of the event.
The "core" members run all the Baronial events, and, due to this, burnout
is inevitable.  Therefore, I issue a challenge to those of you who also
love and enjoy the dream.  Volunteer a couple of hours for security, gate
or wherever you are needed.  Many hands do make light work for all.

In service to the dream,

Lady Fionnuala the Fey "Nuala"
Barony of the Steppes