[Elfsea] North Central Regional Fiber Guild

morgancain at earthlink.net morgancain at earthlink.net
Mon Feb 10 11:18:16 PST 2003

For those on the other end of the Baronial masse, on Wednesday night
(always the second Wednesday of the month) we are having the next meeting
of the Fiber Guild.  Ask Gerita....no, ask David how to get to their house.
Gerita freely admits to getting people lost, especially with construction
in the area.  <g>

This month and next month we are combining basic "Load Needle and Aim"
training with making some items that TRM can use in the gift bags for Gulf
Wars.  Any age, any skill level, can help.

BTW, for those looking for equipment, Hobby Lobby has a half-off sale on
needle packets this week.  All their specialty threads, including silk,
pearl cotton, and ribbon, are on sale as well.

And don't forget the upcoming Japanese Crafts Day!  It's the Saturday after
Gulf Wars.  We're still organizing the teachers, and are planning four
classes with a possible fifth.  If people are interested in learning or
teaching a Japanese craft (think of A&S entries for Festival of Japan), let
Gerita know.  I'm just being hostess and cook.

                             ---= Morgan

"Once you have flown,
 you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward,
 for there you have been,
 and there you long to return." - Leonardo da Vinci
"You can no more win a war than you can win an earthquake."
                      ---=  Jeannette Rankin (1880 - 1973)