[Elfsea] FW: [Steppes] stuff to take to Gulf War

Lisa Duke arabella at elfsea.net
Thu Feb 13 22:11:35 PST 2003

Forwarded from the steppes
[ Converted text/html to text/plain ]

Great idea, Arabella:

I've seen the list on the site, but I feel there is one thing they leave out
that I always take, whether it be War or just an event:  Ziplocks!

I take regular sizes to pack things like butter and cheese in my cooler
(nothing worse than waterlogged cheese!), but also larger sizes for
everything
from bread to socks to money. The Rubbermaid containers are a must, yes, and
then I use the Ziplocks to store the small stuff inside.

And it sounds silly, but we also tie something bright on our hammer
handle---ribbon, what-have-you. That way, in the middle of the night during
set-up, when you've thrown it down after putting in stakes and now need it
for
something else, it's FAR easier to find in the light of a flashlight! ( ^ .
^)

Thanks for thinking of those getting ready for a first War---only three more
weeks!!!!

~Muriel