[Elfsea] Medieval Valentine Banquet

Elizabeth Hawkwood rbnew5 at netscape.net
Thu Feb 13 05:25:00 PST 2003

Libbie.Greene at sabre.com wrote:

> (shudder) Controversy. Ok, I'll wear the most conservative of my garb, cover my hair and veil my face. They will only see my hands and eyes and I will dance only if I feel safe doing so. I would hate to be stoned to death (chuckle)
> Lady Elizabeth, are you planning on being there?

Brigit,

Unfortunately, I have other plans and cannot make it.
However, this is VERY intriguing (and we could get
into a big thing over religion, but....). You see, to
be historically correct, the Jewish and Christian
women DID dance - dance was used as a form of worship.
Since I was brought up in the Baptist church, I know
that, to them, dancing is a no-no; however, nowhere
in MY Bible does it say that. And, as a Baptist, I
would love to be there and dance with you. (Yes, I
love freaking the mundanes.)
It's unfortunate that man's laws prevent us from
enjoying all the goodness God has given us. Oh, well.

On another note... are we dancing tonight?  At Caelin's?

/EH