[Elfsea] Re: [Steppes] Southern Steppes Night

lizdenpeters at juno.com lizdenpeters at juno.com
Tue Feb 25 20:25:42 PST 2003

I am very sorry to see tomorrow evening's activities cancelled.   I
really enjoyed the first one and look forward to more of them.  It would
be nice if we could have one during the week of Gulf War as my lord and I
will be unable to go there.

If the forecasts I have seen are correct, most of the problems should be
alleviated by tomorrow afternoon.  If we have sun as forecast and the
weather gets up to about 28-30 degrees also as forecast, most of the ice
on the roads should disappear.  Due to the darker color of the roads,
they will warm  (melt and clear) faster than grassy areas or sidewalks
(Remember how much hotter pavement is in the summer?).  Of course, some
of the back roads will remain hazardous as will areas in the shade and
where there are broken water mains.   There will probably be some
problems tomorrow evening after dark especially on overpasses.

However, I may have to go SOMEWHERE tomorrow regardless simply because I
get cabin fever.   I hate, loathe and despise this kind of weather.  It
is one of the big reasons that I came south some 30 years ago.

Nuala
(Naturalized Texan -- "I may not have been born in Texas but I got here
as soon as I could.")