[Elfsea] Lay on!

tmcd at panix.com tmcd at panix.com
Thu Jan 9 13:53:40 PST 2003

> "Good Gentals of Ansteorra".  These words are spoken on a daily
> basis now.

I'm afraid so.  Nobody should feel bad about a small innocent error, but:
    "Gentles" are gentlemen and ladies.
    "Genitals" are reproductive organs, your naughty bits.
    "Gentals" looks too much like the wrong one.
              (Or maybe the right one, depending on what you
              want to do at Gulf War, but we don't want public
              calls for that.)
and while I'm here,
    "Gentiles" are non-Jews (to Jews) or non-Mormans (to
               Latter-Day Saints).

Please write it as "Good gentles".
(We evil gentles are used to being left out.  It's OK.)

Daniel "Make love, or war [choose one]" de Lincolia
Tim McDaniel, tmcd at panix.com