[Elfsea] Queen's Champion

Timothy Rayburn timothy at elfsea.net
Mon Jan 27 09:11:24 PST 2003

Greetings unto the whole of Ansteorra from Lord Timothy of Glastinbury and Dama Anezka z Rozmitala.

This past weekend it was the pleasure of the Barony of Elfsea to host the finest rapier fighters in the Knowne World for Her Royal Majesty's Queen's Champion tournament.  Dama Anezka and I were honored to be selected to steward this event, and hope that one and all who came to the event truly enjoyed themselves.  But this event was not accomplished with merely we two.  Many people helped, and forgive us if we forget some of these, but here are the names that stand out so clearly in our mind.

Caelin : Caelin was our Head Cook, gathering around him the finest of staff to accomplish a fantastic feast.  When I spoke with Caelin originally I told him I wished to create a side-board feast that would set a new mark to beat in both taste and presentation.  I believe his succeeded.  Be it the Filet Mignon, Chicken with Tomato Bisque or the fabulous Trout Salad this feast will not soon meet it's better.

Pyro : Your service as the mere 'scullery maid' of the kitchen did not go unnoticed.  And I am certain that Caelin would be quick to point out how many other places you support and inspire him.  You live the definition of service everytime I see you.  Thank you.

Daniel of Cameron & Brighid : You took the task of setup and teardown, often the most thankless job at an event, and accomplished it with true style.  I have rarely seen an event so quickly get put up and down, and cover those wonderful 'bumps' that get thrown in the way.

Caius & Elizabeth : I know that Caelin has thanked you ... but we would be remiss if we did not do so also.  You helped care and feed the autocrats, and worked ceaselessly in the kitchen and on the line.

Seamus & Genevieve : You are the rock foundation upon which this event was thrown.  Seamus helped setup, teardown, load and unload, coordinated servers, and so much more.  Genevieve rose to the challenge of coordinating list heralds with true style.  You both also helped keep the autocrats sane.  Words are not enough to express our thanks.

There were many more people, but I do not wish to keep this going forever.  Shortly we wish to extend our thanks to : Gustav, Crandall, Rosalia, Honour, Godwin, Modius, Phillip White, Llewlyn, Aislyn, Brigit, Aethelyan, Serena, (the other list mistress, who's name I don't know [sorry]), Karrick, Iago, Rhiannon, Robin, Ceatta, House Falcon Rose, and Stella.

Last but not least, we thank Her Royal Majesty for having the confidence in us to accomplish this most important day for her.  We hope we have done well.

Lord Timothy of Glastinbury
Dama Anezka z Rozmitala