[Elfsea] Mom's condition

Lisa Duke arabella at elfsea.net
Tue Jan 21 11:49:15 PST 2003

My thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family in this time of stress
and uncertainty.  Remember God has a plan. - Arabella

Hello all.

As you all know, my mom Pat has been battling breast cancer for almost two
years. Due to myriad health problems, she could not recieve chemotherapy or
radiation. She's been free of problems for over 12 months.

At a routine visit on Dec.17, the doctor found a lump (T2) that had not been
present at her oncology exam two weeks before. It was removed on Dec. 24. It
was malignant. On Jan 14, they found another cancer (T2) one inch away from
the incision site of Dec. 24. It too was malignant. She had an MRI and CT
scan done Jan 15 and 16.

Today they told her that the cancer has spread to her her bones. It is very
agressive, and hormone receptive, meaning it is feeding off the estrogen
present in her body. We have not recieved a copy of the lab results yet, but
she will start chemotherapy this week.

Her father died of this same cancer. She took care of him for 8 years while
he wasted away. She is very scared. Please keep her in your thoughts and
prayers. I would appreciate it if people would call her and give her some
encouragement. Her phone number is 254-965-3298. Your support means a lot to
her, and to the rest of our family.

Thank you.

Kristi Delk

AKA Cairistiona nic Laren, DFT